After last year’s success the 140Challenge will return with a special focus on students. We want to give 10 students the chance to share their views, thoughts and expectations about technology in education and education itself in 140 seconds with over 300 conference delegates and our remote audience.
We are inviting students to post a short 140 second video on the FOTE Facebook page sharing their views, thoughts and expectations about technology in education and education itself. We don’t want to be too prescriptive and think the video responses could cover the following:
- Do you think your university/college is using technology appropriately to enhance the student experience?
- What do you think is the key requirement for great student engagement?
- How would like to see technology used in day-to-day teaching and learning?
Based on the number of Facebook ‘likes’ and ‘comments’ received by 31st August 2012 we will select the 10 most popular contributions* and invite these students to take centre stage at this year’s conference.
If you are a student, 16 years or older, willing to share your view about how technology can help meet student expectations and are available to come to Central London on Friday, 5th October 2012 – assuming you get shortlisted – then we want to hear from you! Taking part is very easy:
- Like us on Facebook
- Post your 140 second long video to our Facebook page
- Tell your friends, family and anyone who knows you even remotely to vote for you by liking your video
NO POWERPOINT SLIDES!
We look forward to your video submissions on our Facebook page!* We will only be able to short-list and invite students living and studying in the UK and will provide up to £100 towards travel expenses.